If you’ve got some bananas that have been sitting in your fruit bowl and are on the verge of going bad, the best thing to do with them is a delicious loaf of banana bread. If you know me well, then you know that if I can add coconut to anything then I will! So I came up with this amazing vegan coconut banana bread!
Vegan Coconut Banana Bread
You will need:
- 2 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 420ml almond milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 dash vanilla
- 2-3 mashed banana
Put it all together:
- Sift the flour and baking soda into a mixing bowl
- Add the sugar and desiccated coconut
- In a measuring cup, mix the milk, melted butter and vanilla
- Slowly whisk the liquid mixture into the dry mix
- When it’s well combined, add in the mashed banana and give it a good mix
- Line a long baking dish with baking paper and pour in the mixture
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees celcius for about a 45 or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and let it cool before trying to remove it from the dish
Enjoy a slice of your banana bread, maybe with a little spread of jam and a nice cuppa!
Sit back, grab some Oreos, and let’s see what life has to offer us next.