One of my favourite things in the world is roasted veggies so this recipe is one of my favourite to make! It’s colourful, flavourful and perfect for when you have guests or friends over.
Roasted Mixed Veg Satay Skewers
You will need:
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 10g coriander
- 1 red onion
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 courgette
- basmati rice
- 50g coconut cream (frozen)
- 26g peanut butter
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 24ml light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 25g agave nectar
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius
- Chop the courgette into thick rounds.
- Cut the red and yellow peppers in half, scrape out the seeds and insides, then cut each half into quarters.
- Peel and cut the red onion into a large rough chunk
- Add the chopped veggies to a large bowl and drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Add the curry powder to the bowl and mix everything together
- Thread the veggies onto the skewers, alternating each one. Add the veg skewers and the remaining veggies to a baking tray and put in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the veggies have begun to brown.
- Boil a kettle. Dissolve the coconut cream and peanut butter in 200ml of boiled water. Add the mixture to a small pot with the agave nectar, soy sauce and chilli flakes. Bring to the boil over a medium heat. Cook until it has reduced by half and thickened – this is your sauce.
- Cook your rice. For every cup of rice, use 1 3/4 cups water.
- Chop the coriander finely and when the rice is cooked, fluff it up and mix in with the coriander
- Serve the roasted skewer veggies over the rice and drizzle some sauce.
Sit back, grab some Oreos, and let’s see what life has to offer us next.