‘Breakfast is the most important meal of the day‘, ‘Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper‘, ‘All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast.’
I think it’s safe to say that we all get the message. Breakfast is super duper important in our daily lives. Whether we listen to all the reminders is another thing. But believe it or not, being vegan doesn’t mean that you can’t have an amazing and super filling breakfast. In fact:
…but that’s besides the point.
From waffles to scrambled ‘eggs’ to sausages and french toast, vegans can have them too. Granted it takes a couple of tweaks and adjustments but the result is just as good and dare I say it, maybe even better than a loaded plate of greasy bacon and a pile of pork sausages. Not hating on the bacon or the sausages! I would never dare! But I much prefer starting my day with a bowl full of vitamins and energy which I know will keep me full till lunchtime and energized throughout the day.
Here are’s a round up of my favourite vegan breakfast ideas. I have these on a regular day of the week as they’re so time efficient and keep me full till lunch time. I’ve linked some of them to some of my recipes and other to the best recipes I found for them online:
- Tofu scrambled eggs: I have become obsessed with this and I eat it with literally everything. It’s so easy! Just sauté some onions and a ton of mushrooms (I love mushrooms), chop up your tofu or mush it up with your hands until its crumbly and pop it into the pan with the mushrooms until its softened a bit. Add some mixed herbs, salt and pepper and you could even add Safran and paprika as you like. I usually make a big batch then separate them into little boxes to freeze and use as and when I need.
- Yogurt (non-dairy duh), muesli and fruit bowl
- Vegan ‘French toast’: What’s that you say? How dare I suggest you make French toast without eggs? I know, I know, the very idea of french toast is the egg, but people can’t or don’t eat eggs for a variety of reasons (health included). Does that mean they’re never to enjoy the joys of the soft on the inside crunchy on the outside breakfast treat?
- Vegan pancakes: now I actually don’t make these on a regular basis because one simply doesn’t have time in the morning and they can be a bit too heavy for on the daily but my recipe is super easy if you’re making brunch or are in that pancake mood on a bright Sunday morning
- Avocado on toast: drizzled with some agave nectar or some lemon juice depending on if you’re in a sweet or savoury mood
- Simple fruit platter
- Oatmeal with fruit and nuts (sprinkle some flax seeds into that bad boy)
- Any smoothie
- Toast with vegan chocolate and coconut spread, jam, peanut butter, marmalade, marmite, or literally any spread you can find (granted its vegan lol)
Like I said these are more your average daily breakfast ideas but if you’re in the mood to challenge yourself and host the perfect vegan brunch for friends or family, one of my fav vegan blogs has the run down of some of the most amazing vegan breakfast ideas. They’re a bit more time consuming and definitely not for every day when you’re trying to run out the door but they look so worth the little extra effort. Check them out at here!
Let me know in my latest instagram if you’ve ever tried tofu scrambled and if you have, what are your thoughts, because I get mixed reactions when I discuss it with people, but I absolutely love it!
Sit back, grab some Oreos, and let’s see what life has to offer us next!