HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
Let me start by saying that, whether you’re in a relationship or whether you’re single, I hope that you’re making the most of today; be happy, be productive, and share the love. I’ll be putting up another post later about why I think Valentine’s day is one of the best days of the year so you should defo get excited for that one! Don’t ask questions yet! Keep an open mind.
For now however, I knew that this V Day I wanted to make myself a sweet treat. And what is the ultimate sweet treat of love? Chocolate! What’s even better than plain chocolate? A brownie! And the proverbial cherry on top? You can make brownie’s vegan! There’s no fancy ingredients or complicated techniques. It’s as easy as can be. Don’t believe me? Call my bluff and give it a try.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 680g self-raising flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 600g golden caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 600ml soy or almond milk
- vegan white chocolate/ pecan nuts / vegan marshmallows
Put it all together:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a square baking tray with greaseproof paper (this way it’s easier to take out your brownies when they’re ready)
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder in a large bowl, then stir in the sugar and a pinch of salt
- Stir in the oil, milk and vanilla extract until well combined
- Roughly chop the white chocolate and the pecans and stir it into the mix. You can add these as you want. You could make a batch with just pecans and a batch with just marshmallows or you can do chocolate and marshmallows, be creative!
- Pour the mixture into the tray, spreading it out evenly.
- Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked on the outside and gooey on the inside. When you poke a skewer in the middle, you want it to be soft, but you don’t want anything to come out with the skewer
- Allow the brownies to cook before removing them from the tray. Cut them into the desired shapes and serve with some vanilla ice cream!!
This recipe took me literally less than 15 minutes to prepare and they’re so easy to whip out when you have friends coming over or if you want to impress your significant other.
Don’t forget to follow me over on instagram if you aren’t! I’ll leave the link for it right here or you can click on one of those little pictures on the right of the screen. I love reading all your DMs and your comments. Also make sure you’re subscribed here by email to keep up with little old me trying to figure out this strange world of ours, one delicious vegan meal at a time.
Sit back, grab some of those delicious brownies, and let’s see what life has to offer us next.